Pretty easy setup.. just install and activate it on the site of your choice (or network activate) and set up the settings however you’d like.
This plugin supports both Per-Site and Per-Network (WordPress Multisite) settings, so you can fine tune your options based on your needs.
Other plugins you might be interested in:
- Unpack the entire contents of this plugin zip file into your
- Upload to your site
- Navigate to
wp-admin/plugins.phpon your site (your WP plugin page)
- Activate this plugin
OR you can just install it with WordPress by going to Plugins >> Add New >> and type this plugin’s name
Admin Bar vs Toolbar
When this feature first went out, it was called the Admin Bar but it shows up in other contexts as well so it eventually settled on being called the Toolbar.
Call it whatever you would like: Admin Bar, Toolbar, Admin Toolbar, or the Top WordPress Bar 🙂 it’s covered by this plugin.
བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན། & གསར་འབྱེད་པ།
“Admin Bar Disabler” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན།
1.4.2 – March 5th, 2022
- Fixed: Adjusted text for when to include roles/capabilities to be “Inclusion List” and when to exclude roles/capabilities to be “Exclusion List”.
- Fixed: Updated compatibility with WP 5.9+
- Updated: Now requiring PHP 5.6+
1.4.1 – March 2nd, 2020
- Fixed: Updated compatibility with WP 5.4+
- Fixed: Fix some HTML showing up on the page
1.4 – September 3rd, 2018
- Fixed: Roles/capabilities exclusion list logic is no longer inverted
- Fixed: Set priority of show_admin_bar to 999 to prevent conflict with other plugins
1.3 – January 8th, 2015
- Fixed: load_plugin_textdomain usage
1.2 – August 4th, 2014
- Fixed: 3.x personal option for Admin Bar toggle
1.1 – April 22nd, 2014
- Updated: Code refactor and logic cleanup
- Updated: Tested up to 3.9
- Fixed: Now showing admin bar when in admin area, previously hidden
- Fixed: Escape values in admin pages
1.0.3 – September 7th, 2012
- Bug fix on button, tested up to 3.5
1.0.2 – April 15th, 2011
- Localized plugin, thanks for the help from Anja Fokker
1.0.1 – February 24th, 2011
- Bug fix for warnings and added additional help text to settings pages
1.0 – February 24th, 2011
- Initial release