BadgeOS achievements and badges earned from a wide array of Tutor learning management system activity.
The “BadgeOS Tutor LMS Add-on” allows learners to earn achievements and badges from virtually every course, lesson and quiz activity available in the Tutor learning management system. When activated, BadgeOS admins will see a new “TutorLMS Activity” menu in their “Required Steps” manager when editing or creating any achievement or badge.
Note: You will need to install the free BadgeOS plugin™ (version 1.2 or higher) to use the BadgeOS Tutor LMS Add-on. You will also need the Tutor LMS plugin v1.6.9 or higher installed, available from wordpress.org.
Get the BadgeOS plugin.
Get the Tutor LMS plugin.
BadgeOS™ turns your WordPress site into an achievement and badging system. And with Tutor LMS enabled on your site, badges are not only awarded by activities such as making submissions, earning points, completing required achievements, and making site and community contributions, but also by completing Tutor LMS courses, lessons and quizzes. Define the achievements, organize the badge requirements any way you like, and choose from and combine a range of BadgeOS and Tutor LMS activity options to determine whether each task or requirement has been achieved.
New ways to define achievements and give badges for Tutor LMS activity
In addition to all of the out-of-the-box features in BadgeOS core, the BadgeOS Tutor LMS Add-on allows you to award achievements and badges based on these additional triggers:
- Passed any Quiz
- Passed a specific Quiz
- Passed any Quiz of a course
- Failed any Quiz
- Failed a specific Quiz
- Failed any Quiz of a course
- Minimum % Grade on a Quiz
- Completed any Lesson
- Completed a specific Lesson
- Completed any Lesson of a course
- Completed Course
- Completed a specific Course
- Completed Course from a Tag
- Subscribe in a course
- subscribe in a specific course
Combine Tutor LMS Steps with BadgeOS Steps in Defining Achievements
- Simple interface for defining the “Required Steps” for any badge or achievement seamlessly integrates Tutor LMS actions
- Easily define achievements that rely on both BadgeOS required steps and Tutor LMS actions
- Easily link together one or more triggers, steps or actions into the conditions needed to earn any badge or mark an achievement.
**Display Badges on User Profiles with Free Community Add-on **
- Activate the free “BadgeOS Community Add-On” and “BuddyPress” plugins to add a range of user community functions, including the ability to display earned badges and achievements on user profiles for others to see.
Extensibility and Additional BadgeOS Add-ons
- BadgeOS is designed to be a true operating system for turning any WordPress site into an engagement management application.
- Built with expandability in mind to allow virtually anything to trigger and recognize achievement.
- BadgeOS plans to continue to release a range of Add-Ons to the plugin — like the BadgeOS Tutor LMS Add-on — that enhance core functionality with specialized functions.
- Check out some of the BadgeOS customizations we’ve already implemented to get a sense for what you might expect.
Stay Connected / Helpful Links
BadgeOS is made available by LearningTimes, LLC. Here are some ways to stay connected and to see what else we are up to:
- BadgeOS.org – Contact Us, Video Tutorials, Examples, News
- LearningTimes – Bringing people together through engaging online conferences, events and activities.
- Facebook – LearningTimes on Facebook
- Twitter – LearningTimes Tweets
- E-Mailing List – Occasional updates via e-mail
- GitHub – Report issues, contribute code
- Upload, activate and configure the free BadgeOS v1.2 (or later) plugin to WordPress.
- Upload, activate and configure the Tutor LMS plugin to WordPress.
- Upload ‘badgeos-tutor-lms-addon’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add Tutor LMS action requirements to any new or existing achievement item using the “Required Steps” manager, with your “Earn by” menu set to “Completing Steps.”
- Ensure that you have entered the Credly credentials for the badge Issuer in the Credly Integration settings of BadgeOS core to enable badge sharing.
Any ideas for making badge images?
Yes! You can start at Credly.com and use the badge builder there to create beautiful looking badges.
Can you help us design custom badge images?
Yes, our designers are available to create custom badges that represent your brand, the kind of achievements you recognize, and the audience you are reaching. From a single badge to a complete constellation, our team of professional badge designers get to know your needs through a tested Badge Design Process which consistently produces successful and delightful results.
See examples and learn more at: http://badgeos.org/services/badge-design/
Do you offer services to help us design, build or customize our BadgeOS site?
Yes, we do. We especially enjoy working on innovative projects with forward-thinking teams extending achievement recognition into new environments and surfacing achievement in new ways. See examples and learn more at: http://badgeos.org/services/badgeos-customization/.
Where should I report issues or bugs?
The ideal place for bug and issue reporting is on the GitHub site for the BadgeOS project.
Where should I contribute code back to the project?
Thanks for asking! Please do share back code modifications or enhancements you make for inclusion in BadgeOS core or as add-ons. (Functions that are specialized for just some users are likely best as add-on plugins to BadgeOS. We can help figure that out with you.) Visit us on GitHub to share your code with the BadgeOS TutorLMS.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན། & གསར་འབྱེད་པ།
“BadgeOS Tutor LMS Add-on” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན།
ཁྱེད་ཀྱི་སྐད་ཡིག་ནང་ལ་ “BadgeOS Tutor LMS Add-on” ཡིག་སྒྱུར་བྱོས།
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix – Made addon compatible with latest version of BadgeOS
- Fix – Made addon compatible with latest version of TutorLMS
- Fix – Made addon compatible with latest version of WordPress
- Initial release