BP Distance Search adds a new Google Place Autocomplete field type to your BuddyPress extended profiles, and registers this field type with BP Profile Search.
After installing this plugin:
- Admin can create new profile field(s) with type Google Place Autocomplete
- Members can fill in the new profile field(s) on their Profile Edit page
- Admin can add the new profile field(s) to a BP Profile Search form, selecting either the distance search mode or one of the usual text search modes contains, is, or is like
- Visitors can use the search form with the new profile field(s)
See the screenshots below depicting the above steps.
- Get a Google API key (can’t do that for you, sorry)
- Follow the standard plugin installation procedure, see Managing Plugins
This plugin doesn’t require any configuration, you’ll need your API key when you create your first Google Place Autocomplete profile field.
བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན། & གསར་འབྱེད་པ།
“BP Distance Search” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན།
- Added support for the BuddyBoss Platform built-in profile search
- Added ability to sort the search results by distance
- Added ability to show the distance in the member details area
- Updated for BP Profile Search 5.1
- Added location pin to get the current location
- Fixed bug in back-end profile editing
- Fixed conflict with the BuddyPress Date Selector field type
- Added call to load_plugin_textdomain
- Initial version released to the WordPress Plugin Directory