** IMPORTANT **
This plugin has been updated for BuddyPress 1.5.1
This plugin will convert #hashtags references to a link (activity search page) posted to the activity stream
Works on the same filters as the @atusername mention filter (see Extra Configuration if you want to enable this on blog/comments activity) – this will convert anything with a leading #
Warning: This plugin converts #hashtags prior to database insert/update. Uninstalling this plugin will not remove #hashtags links from the activity content.
Please note: accepted pattern is:
[#]([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+) – all linked hashtags will have a css a.hashtag – currently does not support unicode.
Also works with
- BuddyPress Edit Activity Stream plugin 0.3.0 or greater
- BuddyPress Activity Stream Ajax Notifier plugin
- Author’s Site
- BuddyPress Activity Stream Hashtags – About Page
- BuddyPress and bbPress Developer Hook and Filter API Reference
- Upload the full directory into your wp-content/plugins directory
- Activate the plugin at the plugin administration page
- What pattern is matched?
The regex looks for /#/ within the content and will proceed to replace anything matching /(^|\s|\b)#myhashtag/
- Can this be enabled with other content?
Possible – try applying the filter
See extra configuration
- Why convert #hashtags into links before the database save?
The trick with activity search_terms (which is used for @atmentions) is the ending since BuddyPress’s sql for searching is %%term%% so #child would match #children
- What url is used?
you may define a slug for hashtags via the admin settings page
- My question isn’t answered here
Please contact me on http://etivite.com
There are no reviews for this plugin.
བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན། & གསར་འབྱེད་པ།
“BuddyPress Activity Stream Hashtags” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན།
Interested in development?
- BUG: fix network admin settings page on multisite
- FEATURE: support for locale mo files
- BUG: updated for BuddyPress 1.5.1
- FEATURE: added admin options – no more functions.php config line items
- BuddyPress 1.2.6 and higher
- Bug: if html is allowed and color: #fff was used, was converting the attribute
- Bug: if #test was used, other #test1 was linked to #test
- Bug: Added display_comments=true to activity loop to display all instances of a hashtag search (thanks r-a-y!)
- Feature: RSS feed for a hashtag (adds head rel and replaces activity rss link)
- Feature: Added filter for hashtag activity title
- Bug: Filtering hashtags (thanks r-a-y!)
- First [BETA] version