Does one thing: disables WP Lazy Load feature.
Activate this plugin to disable the new WP Lazy Loading functionality (added in WP version 5.5). To re-enable lazy loading at any time, simply deactivate the plugin.
- Lightweight – only one line of code.
- Simple to use – activate and done.
- No permanent changes are made.
- No settings to worry about.
- Easy peasy.
Why is this useful?
Because there are plugins that already implement lazy loading. So when upgrading to WP v5.5, there may be conflicting or redundant functionality. That’s not ideal. So with WordPress 5.5 and beyond, you can either remove your existing lazy-load solution, or more simply disable the WP-generated one. Or maybe you just don’t want lazy loading on some particular site. Whatever the reason, this plugin will do the job with a click.
For more information about the new WP Sitemap functionality:
This plugin does not collect or store any user data. It does not set any cookies, and it does not connect to any third-party locations. Thus, this plugin does not affect user privacy in any way.
I develop and maintain this free plugin with love for the WordPress community. To show support, you can make a donation or purchase one of my books:
- The Tao of WordPress
- Digging into WordPress
- .htaccess made easy
- WordPress Themes In Depth
- Wizard’s SQL Recipes for WordPress
And/or purchase one of my premium WordPress plugins:
- BBQ Pro – Super fast WordPress firewall
- Blackhole Pro – Automatically block bad bots
- Banhammer Pro – Monitor traffic and ban the bad guys
- GA Google Analytics Pro – Connect WordPress to Google Analytics
- Simple Ajax Chat Pro – Unlimited chat rooms
- USP Pro – Unlimited front-end forms
Links, tweets and likes also appreciated. Thank you! 🙂
Installing the plugin
Activate like any other plugin and done. There are no settings, works automatically.
More info on installing WP plugins.
To uninstall/remove the plugin, visit the Plugins screen, deactivate and delete the plugin. This plugin makes no changes to the WP database.
Is there an “Undo” to reverse the disable?
Yes just deactivate the plugin. When the plugin is not active, WordPress will return to its default lazy load behavior.
Got a question?
Send any questions or feedback via my contact form
བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན། & གསར་འབྱེད་པ།
“Disable Lazy Load” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན།
If you like Disable Lazy Load, please take a moment to give a 5-star rating. It helps to keep the plugin going strong, and is greatly appreciated.
- Tests on WordPress 6.3
- Tests on WordPress 6.1 + 6.2
- Tests on PHP 8.1 and 8.2
- Improves plugin documentation
- Tests on WordPress 6.1
loading="eager"to attached images
- Tests on WordPress 6.0
- Updates some links to external resources
- Tests on WordPress 5.9
- Tests on WordPress 5.8
- Tests on PHP 7.4 and 8.0
- Tests on WordPress 5.7
- Renames plugin “Disable Lazy Load”
- Tests on PHP 7.4 and 8.0
- Tests on WordPress 5.6
- Updates plugin URL
- Tests on WordPress 5.5
- Initial release