eCommerce without limits
We believe that your passion for creating shouldn’t be limited by your choice of ecommerce software. Easy Digital Downloads gives you unlimited products with no hidden listing fees, unlimited transactions, and provides unlimited possibilities.
Too often, you must choose between powerful and cheap. Not with Easy Digital Downloads. It’s free and easy to start with limitless possibilities, which is why some of the most popular digital ecommerce businesses trust Easy Digital Downloads with their store.
Within minutes of starting the Setup Wizard, you’ll have access to all the features you need to start selling your digital products today, including an integrated shopping cart, flexible payments (like credit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay, and Google Pay), a clean and optimized checkout, customer management, detailed ecommerce reports, secure file storage, discount codes, and more.
Easy Digital Downloads Pro
This plugin is the lite version of the Easy Digital Downloads Pro plugin that comes with all the ecommerce features you will ever need, including subscriptions, custom payment forms, email marketing tools, additional payment processors, and more. Purchase the best premium WordPress ecommerce solution now!
Easy checkout form
With 1-Click connections to the most popular payment processors, you’ll be selling within minutes, allowing your customers to checkout with ease with the ability to choose from the most popular payment methods in their region of the world. With Stripe and PayPal, your ecommerce store is ready for global payments.
What can I say? Stripe is my go-to payment processor, and without [EDD] I don’t know what I would do. Connect EDD to your Stripe account in seconds, and you’re done!
Matt Whiteley – Whiteley Designs
Easy Digital Downloads is a verified member of the Stripe partner program, so you can process payments with confidence, knowing that EDD meets their strict quality standards.
When you use the included payment processor integrations, you get immediate access to the following:
- Credit Card Payments
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
- PayPal Credit
- Link by Stripe
- and more!
With our included integrations, new payment methods are added when they become available, usually without any updates or changes!
Full Easy Digital Downloads Feature List
- Responsive Checkout Form – With the included Checkout Block, you get a responsive and customizable checkout form that is sure to convert.
- Digital Product Management – Create as many digital products as you want, with no added costs. Create single products, product variations, and product bundles.
- Discount Codes – Run sales and promotions with the built-in discount code management. Set start and expiration dates, product limitations, price limitations, and reward your best customers with custom discount codes.
- eCommerce Reports – Easy Digital Downloads provides the best reporting available in WordPress ecommerce with the included reporting features. You’ll get access to valuable insights into the growth of your ecommerce business.
- 1-Click Payment Setup – Go from Install to Selling in a matter of minutes with our official integrations with Stripe and PayPal.
- Flexible Payment Methods – With the included integrations for Stripe and PayPal, it’s even easier for you to collect payments and sell access to your digital products.
- File Downloads Protection – Your downloadable products are safe with Easy Digital Downloads. When a user purchases your product, we generate a secure and unique link that allows only your customers to download your files from your ecommerce site.
- Email Receipts – The included email receipts are fully customizable to ensure that your brand is represented in your receipts.
- Customer Management – Track your customer lifetime value and purchase history with the included Customer Management system. Quickly access a customer’s entire purchase history, add notes, and link to WordPress users.
- Refund and Dispute Handling – With our accounting friendly store management system, refunds and disputes ensure that your records are accurate and customers only have access to files when they should.
- Customer Profile Editor – Give your users to their purchase history and profile management with the included blocks.
Extensible, adaptable, and open source — Easy Digital Downloads is created with designers and developers in mind. With our extensive list of integrations as well as the included hooks and filters, the possibilities are endless.
We’ve made it even easier, with 1-Click installation of code snippets via WPCode.
EDD gives me a solid platform out of the box, with the flexibility of being able to customize anything I want or need to. The best of both worlds!
Brian Hogg – SellingPlugins.com
Grow revenue by going Pro
With our Pro plans you can get access to additional features and super-charge your ecommerce business. Some of our most popular features in Pro are:
- Subscriptions – Build a sustainable ecommerce business and add recurring revenue to your store by selling subscriptions.
- Reviews – What better way promote your digital products than by having your happy customers do it for you! Schedule automatic review requests, show average ratings and rating breakdowns.
- Content Restriction – Restrict content on your site and only share it with customers who have purchased specific products. Content Restriction is great for membership sites and customer-only information.
- Software Licenses – Sell activatable license keys for software products, including WordPress Themes/Plugins, desktop software, SaaS solutions, and more.
- Frontend Submissions – Build a full-featured vendor marketplace and grow a community of creators.
- Commissions – Pay your vendors with percentage or flat rate commissions when their products are purchased.
- Free Downloads – Use free products as lead magnets to grow your email list.
- Recommended Products – Add automatically generated recommendations to your products and checkout experience.
…We’ve got over 70+ premium features and integrations!
These are just a few of the features available to help you optimize your digital store and sell more digital products. View our full list of premium ecommerce features.
Easy Digital Downloads is backed by world-class technical support from our globally distributed full-time support team. We also have an extensive documentation site available. If you’re looking for faster support via email, we encourage you to purchase an Easy Digital Downloads pass.
Looking to change e-Commerce solutions?
Easy Digital Downloads is the perfect digital e-Commerce alternative to Etsy, Gumroad, WooCommerce, Shopfiy, BigCommerce, or Wix.
You can use Easy Digital Downloads to sell your digital products with less fees than Gumroad or Etsy, and create unlimited products, and never pay a listing fee.
If Easy Digital Downloads doesn’t quite fit your needs, we suggest you try WP Simple Pay, the #1 Stripe Payments Plugin for WordPress.
A Message from our President
Since 2012, I’ve been helping build Easy Digital Downloads and making it the best eCommerce solution for digital creators. Now, as the President of the company, my commitment continues to be making Easy Digital Downloads the most effortless way to manage your ecommerce store, handle billing, protect your files, integrate with payment processors, and sell your digital products.
I’m proud of what we’ve built and our world-class customer support team that is here to help you succeed. I hope you enjoy using Easy Digital Downloads.
Easy Digital Downloads is a product by Sandhills Development, LLC. When writing about the digital eCommerce plugin by Easy Digital Downloads, please make sure to always reference us by full name before you use our short name of EDD.
Easy Digital Downloads (correct)
easy digital downloads (incorrect)
Edd (incorrect, this is our mascot’s name!)
From our blog
Check out some of our popular posts for actionable advice for running your business and selling digital files on the web.
- The 12 Most Popular Digital Products You Can Sell Online
- How to Add Lead Magnets in WordPress to Grow Your Email List
- How to Successfully Launch Your Digital Product
- How to Sell Canva Templates with WordPress
- The Astonishing Benefits of Selling Digital Products
Subscribe to our newsletter to get posts like these in your inbox as soon as they’re published.
This plugin provides 11 blocks.
- EDD Cart Display a mini or full shopping cart outside of checkout for Easy Digital Downloads.
- EDD Products A block to show your Easy Digital Download products based on visual customizations and query parameters.
- EDD Confirmation A brief confirmation screen to show to customers immediately after a successful purchase.
- EDD Download Terms Show categories, or tags for Easy Digital Download products.
- EDD Registration Form Registration form for Easy Digital Downloads.
- EDD Receipt Show customers their detailed receipt. Supports guest orders.
- EDD User Downloads Allows a user to access the Easy Digital Downloads products they have purchased.
- EDD Order History Display the Easy Digital Downloads order history of a logged in user.
- EDD Login Form Login form for Easy Digital Downloads.
- EDD Buy Button Quickly add a "buy now" button for any EDD product.
- EDD Checkout Full checkout block for Easy Digital Downloads.
- Activate the plugin
- Complete the Onboarding Wizard
- Start selling your first product!
- For more detailed setup instructions, vist the official Documentation page.
Where can I find complete documentation?
Full searchable docs for Easy Digital Downloads and all our extensions can be found at https://easydigitaldownloads.com/docs
Where can I ask for help with my digital e-Commerce store?
You can submit a support ticket via the support forum at anytime.
Which file types can I sell?
Any file type can be sold using Easy Digital Downloads. You can sell .PDF, .DOC, .MP3, .MOV, .EPUB, .PSD, .MP4, .JPG, or any other extension which exists. On the product creation form, there is a file upload field which will accept any file type. Whatever file is uploaded to that field is the file customers will receive instantly when they complete a purchase.
How can I increase conversions?
Due to its popularity, many ecommerce tools have built direct integrations with Easy Digital Downloads, such as OptinMonster. With the direct EDD integration, you can optimize your sales funnel using OptinMonster’s display rules based on the customer’s EDD cart contents and conditions.
Is an SSL certificate required to sell digital products?
Easy Digital Downloads can function without an SSL certificate just fine, making it easy to set up in a testing or development environment. We still strongly recommend you have an SSL certificate for your live store, both for security and for the peace of mind of your customers. Documentation here
What themes work with Easy Digital Downloads?
While nearly any theme will work with Easy Digital Downloads, we’ve worked with industry-leading theme developers to curate a list of themes that are specifically written for Easy Digital Downloads.
Is there a sample import file I can use to setup a demo store?
Yes! Simply go to Tools > Import and install the WordPress Importer, then navigate to wp-content/plugins/easy-digital-downloads/assets/ and select the sample-products-import.xml file. This will create several sample products and plugin pages for you.
Can I import all the products from my existing store into EDD?
Yes! We do have a basic import solution that imports a CSV file, so if you can get your data into the appropriate format then we can import it.
How do I migrate from Gumroad?
Check out our guide on migrating to Easy Digital Downloads from Gumroad.
How do I show the user’s purchase history?
You can display your customer’s purchase history with the EDD Order History Block or if you prefer, you can show users a list of their available downloads with the EDD User Downloads block. Check out our documentation for more information about Easy Digital Download’s Blocks.
How do I display my digital products?
Easy Digital Downloads comes with a customizable WordPress Block, giving you the ability to display your products your way.
Can I set up an affiliate program?
Yes! EDD integrates directly with several affiliate platforms that provide complete affiliate systems you can use to award commissions to your affiliate marketers. This means when affiliates refer customers to you, and those customers buy your products, those affiliates earn a commission from you.
Can I give my customers downloadable PDF Invoices?
Yes, with a Personal Pass, you can provide beautiful and downloadable invoices to your customers with the Invoices extension.
Is selling subscriptions supported?
Yes, with an Extended Pass you get access to Recurring Payments. Full documentation here. The Recurring Payments extension allows you to create subscriptions so that customers continue paying you over time. This is great for selling memberships, courses, all access passes, software licenses, and other products which require an ongoing payment.
བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན། & གསར་འབྱེད་པ།
“Easy Digital Downloads – Sell Digital Files & Subscriptions (eCommerce Store + Payments Made Easy)” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན།
“Easy Digital Downloads – Sell Digital Files & Subscriptions (eCommerce Store + Payments Made Easy)” has been translated into 19 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- Stripe: Resending the purchase receipt could fail if including the Stripe statement descriptor in the email template.
- Settings: Improve the reliability of determining the timezone settings in WordPress.
- Reports: When using custom dates for reporting, some timezone settings could make the dates show incorrectly.
- Emails: Adjusted when the deprecation notices will be shown for the legacy email hooks.
View the full changelog at https://easydigitaldownloads.com/changelogs/plugin/easy-digital-downloads/
- Stripe: Resolved an issue that could cause card payments to fail when providing a Bank statement description with the
- Stripe: IMPORTANT! The Statement Description settings in the Stripe gateway settings are no longer editable. The description is now automatically pulled from the Stripe account settings.
- Stripe: Buy Now buttons could throw a PHP deprecation notice.
- API: Added an option to enable logging public API queries (API Requests without a key & token) for the EDD API.
- Downloads: Improved the reliability of the download file access checks.
- Downloads: Searching downloads via the dropdown could return incorrect results.
- PayPal: Improved the reliability of the PayPal Merchant Account Connection process.
- Taxes: Improved the reliability of the tax calculations for orders with multiple items.
- Checkout: The Legend for checkout form elements could display incorrectly in Safari.
- HTML: Introduced a new Toggle Checkbox Class.
- Reports: A fatal error could occur if you supplied an invalid Download ID to the reports URL.
- System: Prevent a fatal error and improve the gathering of site system information.
- Compatibility: Improved checkout compatibility with Wordfence.
- Admin: Improved validation of saving some settings.
- API: Improved API Key management for admins, including showing the last time a key was used.
- Customers: Prevent updating a customer to have no email address.
- Downloads: Improved the consistency of the results of setting and getting a price option name.
- Downloads: Searching the downloads dropdown was not working correctly for international characters.
- Downloads: Improved download access validation.
- Fees: Improved the reliability of the fees and tax calculations.
- Orders: The Order Status Badge API now includes the order as a parameter on filters.
- Reports: Download Taxonomy reports have been improved for large data sets.
- Reports: Some timezones and date calculations were getting incorrect date ranges.
- Stripe: Improved mixed cart messaging.
- Checkout: Improved checkout block field handling for guest customers.
- Checkout: Login fields on checkout were incorrectly trying to process the checkout when hitting the ‘Enter’ key.
- Admin: Better compatibility when loading EDD footer and documentation links for non-store admin pages.
- Admin: Custom EDD admin pages could throw an error if incorrectly filtered.
- Downloads: Improved handling of detecting download variable prices.
- Downloads: Custom product dropdown could incorrectly exclude the download being edited.
- Reports: The store dashboard widget revenue and sales stats sometimes parsed dates with an incorrect offset.
- Reports: Pie charts for revenue currency values were not correctly applying the currency symbol.
- Reports: Improve Export Product Sales accuracy.
- Compatibility: Further improve PHP 8.0+ support.
- Shortcodes: Some shortcode attributes were hardened before being output.
- Orders: Better handling of refunding orders.
- Stripe: Better error messages when some cart contents are not compatible with the Stripe gateway.
- Discounts: Ensure store discounts recorded for orders are unique.