eSewa – Nepal First Payment Gateway plugin enables any user with a wordpress site to integrate eSewa payment gateway in their website/web application. eSewa is Nepal’s first online payment gateway and is a comprehensive online payment solution. It is widely popular, secure as well as one of the most trusted online payment gateway. The following plugin incorporates itself with WordPress woo-commerce plugin and lets users pay via their eSewa id to buy any virtual goods or services.
This plugin supports only NPR currency hence is only applicable for websites that accept Nepalese currency.
The following plugin relies on eSewa to make successfuly payment/purchase form the users wordpress e-commerce website. This plugin will only be triggered after the user proceeds to checkout page
from the site. The user will be redirected to eSewa login page where the user will need to enter their username and password and upon successful verfication, will make the payment and will be redirected to
the website verfying the order’s successful transation. The only circumstance where this plugin will be activated is during the checkout procedure.
Service Link: https://esewa.com.np/#/home
Terms and Conditions Link: https://blog.esewa.com.np/terms-and-conditions/
WordPress version 5.0 or newer
WooCommerce 3.6 or newer
1) Automatic installation
Login to your wordpress site
Navigate to \”Plugins\”
Click on \”Add New\”
Search for \”eSewa – Nepal First Payment Gateway\” plugin and make sure its uploader is eSewa
Click on install
Click on activate
Configure the needed settings and click on Save
2) Manual Installation
download the zip file
Login to your wordpress dashboard
Navigate to “Plugins” and click on “Add New”
Click on upload plugin
Select the downloaded plugin and click install
Activate the plugin
To select Nepalese rupee in woocommerce
1) Hover on “WooCommerce” menu from the left hand side menu and click on “Settings”
2) In the “General” tab, scroll down to see the “Currency” option
3) From the dropdown, select “Nepalese rupee(Rs)”
4) Click on “Save” changes
1) Enable the plugin (enabled by default)
2) Change description if needed (default description: “Pay via eSewa. Payment enabled through eSewa account securely.”)
3) Add your Live Merchant/Service code for live purpose or Test Merchant/Service Code for sandbox (testing purpose)
4) You can change sandbox url as well
5) Add Invoice Prefix (default: WC-). If users are using same account for multiple stores than this prefix should be unique in all as eSewa does not allow orders with the same prefix numbers
6) Click on update once done
Requirement for the Plugin to work
WordPress Version 5.0 or newer
WooCommerce Version3.6 or newer
Merchant code which is provided by eSewa
Which currency is accepted by the plugin
ONLY Nepalese rupee(Rs)
བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན། & གསར་འབྱེད་པ།
“eSewa – Nepal First Payment Gateway” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན།
ཁྱེད་ཀྱི་སྐད་ཡིག་ནང་ལ་ “eSewa – Nepal First Payment Gateway” ཡིག་སྒྱུར་བྱོས།
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Release Date: NOvember 4, 2020
- Payment status changed for virtual products.