This is the official Facebook for WooCommerce plugin that connects your WooCommerce website to Facebook. With this plugin, you can install the Facebook pixel, upload your online store catalog, and create a shop on your Facebook page, enabling you to easily run dynamic ads.
Marketing on Facebook helps your business build lasting relationships with people, find new customers, and increase sales for your online store. With this Facebook ad extension, reaching the people who matter most to your business is simple. This extension will track the results of your advertising across devices. It will also help you:
- Maximize your campaign performance. By setting up the Facebook pixel and building your audience, you will optimize your ads for people likely to buy your products, and reach people with relevant ads on Facebook after they’ve visited your website.
- Find more customers. Connecting your product catalog automatically creates carousel ads that showcase the products you sell and attract more shoppers to your website.
- Generate sales among your website visitors. When you set up the Facebook pixel and connect your product catalog, you can use dynamic ads to reach shoppers when they’re on Facebook with ads for the products they viewed on your website. This will be included in a future release of Facebook for WooCommerce.
If you believe you have found a security vulnerability on Facebook, we encourage you to let us know right away. We investigate all legitimate reports and do our best to quickly fix the problem. Before reporting, please review this page, which includes our responsible disclosure policy and reward guideline. You can submit bugs here or contact advertising support here.
When opening a bug on GitHub, please give us as many details as possible.
- Symptoms of your problem
- Screenshot, if possible
- Your Facebook page URL
- Your website URL
- Current version of Facebook-for-WooCommerce, WooCommerce, WordPress, PHP
Visit the Facebook Help Center here.
བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན། & གསར་འབྱེད་པ།
“Facebook for WooCommerce” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན།
2.6.25 – 2022-10-04
- Add – New filter (wc_facebook_product_group_default_variation) to allow customizing a product group’s default variation.
- Update – Remove Skyverge’s sake as a dependency from the extension build process.
2.6.24 – 2022-09-27
- Fix – Adds helpful admin notices for correct user roles.
- Fix – Track purchase event flag in session variable instead post meta table.
2.6.23 – 2022-09-13
- Add – Show warning when creating product set with excluded categories.
- Fix – Messenger settings are no longer overridden after business config refresh.
- Fix – PHP notice thrown by get_page_id() in facebook-for-woocommerce/includes/API/FBE/Installation/Read/Response.php.
- Fix – When disabling Enable Messenger on the Messenger setting page, the setting does not persist after selecting Save Changes.
2.6.22 – 2022-09-06
- Fix – Adding an excluded category doesn’t remove that category synced products.
- Fix – Ensure content_name and content_ids addToCart pixel event properties are correct for variable products when redirect to cart is enabled in WooCommerce.
- Fix – Remove out-of-stock products on Facebook when the “Hide out of stock items from the catalog” option in WooCommerce is checked.
- Tweak – WC 6.9 compatibility.
- Update – Facebook Business Extension flow from COMMERCE_OFFSITE to DEFAULT.
2.6.21 – 2022-08-16
- Dev – Add branch-labels GH workflow.
- Fix –
Undefined array key "HTTP_REFERER"not longer happens when
new Eventis triggered from an AJAX call that doesn’t include a referrer (likely due to browser configuration).
- Tweak – WC 6.8 compatibility.
- Tweak – WP 6.0 compatibility.
2.6.20 – 2022-08-09
- Fix – Ensure product is deleted from FB when moved to trash.
- Fix – Price not updating when the sale price is removed.
2.6.19 – 2022-07-27
- Add –
wc_facebook_string_apply_shortcodesfilter to check whether to apply shortcodes on a string before syncing.
- Tweak – Use the Heartbeat system to refresh the local business configuration data with the latest from Facebook.
- Tweak – WC 6.8 compatibility.
2.6.18 – 2022-07-19
- Fix – Misaligned help icons on Product Categories > Google Product Categories form.
- Fix – Syncing WC custom placeholder to Facebook shop.
- Fix – is_search() causing fatal error when custom queries are used.
2.6.17 – 2022-07-06
- Fix – Add allow-plugins directive and adjust phpcs GitHub workflow.
- Fix – Scheduled product not synced when status becomes “publish”.
- Tweak – WooCommerce 6.7 compatibility.
- Update – Facebook Marketing API from v12.0 to v13.0.
2.6.16 – 2022-06-07
- Fix – Updating reference from old master branch.
- Tweak – WC 6.6 compatibility.
2.6.15 – 2022-06-01
- Fix – Do not set
sale_pricewhen the product is not on sale.
- Fix – FB Pixel is missing some ajax Add to cart events.
- Fix – Feed visibility field value for hidden items.
- Fix – Wrong Value Field in AddToCart Events.
- Tweak – Not show the removed from sync confirm modal for unpublished products.
2.6.14 – 2022-05-18
- Fix – Non-latin custom product attribute names sync.
- Fix – Syncing brand FB attribute instead of the website name.
- Fix – Trigger InitiateCheckout event when site uses checkout block.
- Fix – Wrong sale price start date getting synced to FB Catalog.
- Fix – Allow products with “shop only” WooCommerce catalog visibility to sync to FB.
- Fix – Remove semicolon from custom attribute value.
- Tweak – Update the __experimental_woocommerce_blocks_checkout_update_order_meta action.
- Tweak – WooCommerce 6.5 compatibility.
- Tweak – WordPress 6.0 compatibility.
2.6.13 – 2022-04-26
- Fix – Issue with Facebook not displayed in the new WC navigation.
- Fix – Issue with variable products syncing to FB product sets.
- Fix – Scheduled job logs written to options table are never removed if job does not complete.
- Fix – User-Agent to contain English extension name.
- Fix – clear out wc_facebook_external_business_id option on disconnect.
- Fix – fix product title length check to account for encoding.
- Tweak – Use
Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Features\Features::is_enabledinstead of the deprecated
2.6.12 – 2022-03-08
- Add – Filter to change Facebook Retailer ID, wc_facebook_fb_retailer_id.
2.6.11 – 2022-02-28
- Fix – The syntax parsing error “unexpected ‘)'” in facebook-for-woocommerce.php.
2.6.10 – 2022-02-22
- Add – Filter to block full catalog batch API sync ‘facebook_for_woocommerce_block_full_batch_api_sync’.
- Update – Deprecate ‘facebook_for_woocommerce_allow_full_batch_api_sync’ filter.
- Update – Facebook Marketing API from v11.0 to v12.0.
2.6.9 – 2022-01-14
- Fix – Replace is_ajax with wp_doing_ajax
- Tweak – Update contributor guidelines
- Tweak – WC 6.1 compatibility
2.6.8 – 2021-12-21
- Fix – Bump template from 1.0.4 to 1.0.5. #2115
- Fix – Fix empty “value” for variable products. #1784
- Tweak – WC 6.0 compatibility.
- Tweak – WP 5.9 compatibility.
2.6.7 – 2021-11-04
- Fix – Parameter overloading error for PHP70 #2112
2.6.6 – 2021-11-03
- New – Memory improved feed generation process. #2099
- New – Add compatibility with the WooCommerce checkout block. #2095
- New – Track batched feed generation time in the tracker snapshots. #2104
- New – Track usage of the new style feed generator in the tracker snapshots. #2103
- New – Hide headers in logs for better visibility. #2093
- Dev – Update composer dependencies. #2090
- New – Add no synchronization reason to the product edit screen in the Facebook meta box. #1937
- Fix – Use published variations only for the default variation. #2091
2.6.5 – 2021-09-16
- Fix – Incorrect
is_readable()usage when loading Integration classes.
- Tweak – WC 5.7 compatibility.
- Tweak – WP 5.8 compatibility.
2.6.4 – 2021-08-31
- Fix – Correct the version string in the plugin file to remove -dev
2.6.3 – 2021-08-31
- Fix – Include missing assets from previous build.
2.6.2 – 2021-08-31
- Fix – Update the Facebook Marketing API to version 11
2.6.1 – 2021-06-28
- Dev – Add
facebook_for_woocommerce_allow_full_batch_api_syncfilter to allow opt-out full batch API sync, to avoid possible performance issues on large sites
2.6.0 – 2021-06-10
- Fix – Add cron heartbeat and use to offload feed generation from init / admin_init (performance) #1953
- Fix – Clean up background sync options (performance) #1962
- Dev – Add tracker props to understand usage of feed-based sync and other FB business config options #1972
- Dev – Configure release tooling to auto-update version numbers in code #1982
- Dev – Refactor code responsible for validating whether a product should be synced to FB into one place #19333
2.5.1 – 2021-05-28
- Fix – Reinstate reset and delete functions in Facebook metabox on Edit product admin screen
2.5.0 – 2021-05-19
- New – Option to allow larger sites to opt-out of feed generation (product sync) job
- New – Log connection errors to allow easier troubleshooting
- Fix – Reduce default feed generation (product sync) interval to once per day to reduce overhead
- Fix – Trigger feed (product sync) job from to
admin_initto reduce impact on front-end requests
- Fix – Ensure variable product attribute values containing comma (
,) sync correctly
- Fix – Use existing / current tab for connection
- Dev – Require PHP version 7.0 or newer
- Dev – Adopt Composer autoloader to avoid manually
requireing PHP class files
- Dev – Adopt WooRelease release tool for deploying releases
- Dev – Use wp-scripts to build assets
- Dev – Add
phpcstooling to help standardise PHP code style
- Dev – Add JobRegistry engine for managing periodic background batch jobs
2021.04.29 – version 2.4.1
- Fix – PHP<7.1 incompatible code for Google Taxonomy Setting in products.
2021.04.23 – version 2.4.0
- Tweak – Add an initial performance debug mode to measure resource usage in some areas
- Tweak – Add 3 usage tracking properties: “is-connected”, “product-sync-enabled”, “messenger-enabled”
- Fix – High memory usage when starting full catalog sync
- Fix – High memory usage of Google Product Category data
- Fix – Fatal error for product categories with missing attributes
- Fix – Connection data is now correctly cleared when using the “Disconnect” button
- Fix – Error modals when setting default exclude categories in Product sync now work correctly
2021.03.31 – version 2.3.5
- Fix – critical issue for pre 5.0.0 WC sites
2021.03.30 – version 2.3.4
- Feature – Add connection state to WooCommerce Usage Tracking.
- Feature – Register WooCommerce Navigation items.
- Fix – Disable product sync on 2.3.3 update ( temporary fix ).
- Fix – Add default placeholder for products with no image set.
- Fix – Undefined array key error for products without ‘Product image’ set.
- Dev – PHP Deprecated: Non-static method should not be called statically.
2021.03.22 – version 2.3.3
- Fix – WooCommerce variation attribute sync not matching Enhanced Catalog attributes.
- Fix – Enable display names to be used for variant attribute values.
- Fix – Performance, do not auto-load Google Categories option.
- Fix – Logs being recorded even with debug option disabled.
2021.03.02 – version 2.3.2
- Tweak – Bump Facebook Marketing API version to 9.0
2021.02.23 – version 2.3.1
- Fix – Fix errors when product set is empty
- Fix – Ensure that events have an action_source
2021.02.16 – version 2.3.0
- Feature – Add ability to create and assign products to Facebook product sets
- Feature – Add support for Facebook App store flow
- Tweak – Ask merchants to delete products when changing from sync to not sync state
- Tweak – Remove business_management permission from login scopes
- Tweak – Store parameters for Commerce merchant settings ID and Instagram business ID
- Fix – Fix Products::get_google_product_category_id_from_highest_category() to handle WP_Error
- Fix – Fix random HELLO appearing in the category settings
- Fix – Make sure that list of strings params are now converted to actual arrays. Fixes an issue with the use of the additional_features parameter
2020.11.19 – version 2.2.0
- Feature – Add an Advertise tab in the Facebook settings page to manage Facebook ads from within WooCommerce
- Tweak – Move the Facebook settings page into the Marketing menu item (WooCommerce 4.0+)
- Fix – Move the filter
- Fix – Update field name and format for additional_variant_attribute to resolve Facebook catalog sync for variable products.
2020.11.04 – version 2.1.4
- Fix – Ensure product variant attributes are correctly handled when checking for enhanced attribute values.
2020.10.29 – version 2.1.3
- Fix – Prevent error triggered while trying to refund orders
2020.10.28 – version 2.1.2
- Tweak – Default variation selection will be synced to Facebook if the default product variation is already synced
- Fix – Trigger a pixel Search event for product search requests with a single result (works for logged in users or visitors with an active WooCommerce session)
2020.10.27 – version 2.1.1
- Fix – Adjust code syntax that may have issued errors in installations running PHP lower than 7.3
2020.10.26 – version 2.1.0
- Feature – Set Google category at the shop level for the Facebook catalog sync (on the product sync tab).
- Feature – Set Google category for the Facebook catalog sync at the WooCommerce category level.
- Feature – Set Google category for the Facebook catalog sync at the product level.
- Feature – Set Enhanced Catalog category specific fields for the Facebook catalog sync at the WooCommerce category level.
- Feature – Set Enhanced Catalog category specific fields for the Facebook catalog sync at the product level.
2020.10.12 – version 2.0.5
- Tweak – Update product availability when stock changes in the store
- Fix – Don’t prevent variation products from being updated when they’re set to not sync with Facebook but have their categories excluded from syncing
- Fix – Prevent an error during the feed generation when variable products are still using deleted terms
2020.10.08 – version 2.0.4
- Fix – Fix SQL errors triggered while trying to remove duplicate visibility meta entries from postmeta table
2020.10.02 – version 2.0.3
- Tweak – Pixel events now can include advanced matching information
- Fix – Send contents parameter for ViewContent event using the correct format
- Fix – Remove duplicate visibility meta entries from postmeta table
2020.09.25 – version 2.0.2
- Tweak – Allow simple and variable products with zero/empty price to sync to Facebook
- Tweak – Use the bundle price for Product Bundles products with individually priced items
- Fix – Update connection parameters to use an array to pass the Messenger domain
- Fix – Ensure out-of-stock products are marked as such in Facebook when the feed file replacement is run
- Fix – Address a potential error when connecting from a site whose title contains special characters
2020.08.17 – version 2.0.1
- Fix – Ensure the configured business name is never empty when connecting to Facebook
2020.07.30 – version 2.0.0
- Tweak – Show Facebook options for virtual products and variations
- Tweak – Hide “Sync and show” option for virtual products and variations
- Tweak – On upgrade, automatically set sync-enabled and visible virtual products and virtual variations to Sync and hide
- Tweak – Allow to bulk enable sync for virtual products, but automatically set them to Sync and hide
- Fix – Use the plugin version instead of a timestamp as the version number for enqueued scripts and stylesheets
- Fix – Use the short description of the parent product for product variations that don’t have a description or Facebook description
- Fix – Prevent an error when YITH Booking and Appointment for WooCommerce plugin is active
2020.06.04 – version 1.11.4
- Fix – Do not sync variations for draft variable products created by duplicating products
- Fix – Do not log an error when the product is null on add to cart redirect
2020.05.20 – version 1.11.3
- Tweak – Write product feed to a temporary file and rename it when done, to prevent Facebook from downloading an incomplete feed file
- Tweak – Hide Facebook options for virtual products and virtual variations
- Tweak – Do not allow merchant to bulk enable sync for virtual products
- Tweak – On upgrade, automatically disable sync for virtual products and virtual variations
- Tweak – When using checkboxes for tags, make sure the modal is displayed when trying to enable sync for a product with an excluded tag
- Fix – Prevent tracking of a duplicated purchase event in some circumstances such as when the customer reloads the “Thank You” page after completing an order
2020.05.04 – version 1.11.2
- Misc – Add support for WooCommerce 4.1
2020.04.27 – version 1.11.1
- Fix – Fix integration with WPML
2020.04.23 – version 1.11.0
- Tweak – Sync products using Facebook’s feed pull method
- Fix – When filtering products by sync enabled status, make sure variable products with sync disabled status do not show up in results
- Fix – Make sure that the Facebook sync enabled and catalog visibility columns are properly displayed on narrow screen sizes on some browsers
- Fix – Do not show a confirmation modal when saving a variable product that was previously synced but belongs now to a term excluded from sync
- Fix – Ensure variable products excluded from sync are not synced in Facebook
- Fix – Trigger a modal prompt when attempting to enable sync for variations of a variable product that belongs to a term excluded from sync
- Fix – Address potential PHP warnings in the product feed with non-standard product variations introduced by third party plugins
2020.03.17 – version 1.10.2
- Tweak – Add a setting to easily enable debug logging
- Tweak – Allow third party plugins and themes to track an add-to-cart event on added_to_cart JS event
- Tweak – When excluding a product term from syncing in the plugin settings page, offer an option to hide excluded synced products from Facebook
- Tweak – When excluding product terms from syncing in the plugin settings page, and settings are saved, exclude corresponding products from sync
- Tweak – Improve error messages shown when a problem occurs during products sync
- Tweak – Log Graph API communication if logging is enabled
- Fix – When excluding a product term from syncing in the plugin settings page, ensure a modal opens to warn about possible conflicts with already synced products
- Fix – Messenger settings fields will correctly reflect the values selected during initial setup
- Fix – Fix a bug that caused newly added gallery images not to be synced immediately after they were added
- Fix – Fix a bug that prevented gallery images from being removed from products on Facebook
- Fix – Fix AddToCart Pixel event tracking when adding products from archive with AJAX and redirect to cart enabled
- Fix – Fix undefined index and undefined property notices.
- Dev – Make Pixel script attributes and event parameters filterable
2020.03.10 – version 1.10.1
- Fix – Prevent Fatal error during the upgrade routine introduced in version 1.10.0
- Misc – Add support for WooCommerce 4.0
2020.03.03 – version 1.10.0
- Feature – Exclude specific products, variations, product categories, and product tags from syncing to Facebook
- Feature – Add Facebook product settings like price and description to variations
- Feature – Revamped settings screen with on-site control over pixel, product sync, and Messenger behavior
- Tweak – Use Action Scheduler for the daily forced re-sync, if enabled
- Fix – Improve pixel tracking accuracy for add-to-cart events
- Misc – Add the SkyVerge plugin framework as the plugin base
- Misc – Require WooCommerce 3.5 and above
1.9.15 – 2019-06-27
- CSRF handling for Ajax calls like ajax_woo_infobanner_post_click, ajax_woo_infobanner_post_xout, ajax_fb_toggle_visibility
- use phpcs to adhere to WP coding standards
- Minor UI changes on the iFrame
1.9.14 – 2019-06-20
- Revisit CSRF security issue
- Remove rest controller which is not used
- Tested installation in wordpress 5.2.2, WooCommerce 3.64, php 5.6/7.3 with browser Chrome v75/Safari v12.1/Firefox v67.
1.9.13 – 2019-06-18
- Fix security issue
- Add more contributors to the plugin
1.9.12 – 2019-05-2
- Remove dead code which causes exception (Issue 975)
1.9.11 – 2019-02-26
- changing contributor to facebook from facebook4woocommerce, so that
woo plugin will be shown under
- adding changelog in readme.txt so that notifications will be sent for
updates and changelog will be shown under
- removing debug flags notice under facebook-for-woocommerce.php so that
developers will be able to debug with debug logs