Files Download Delay plugin wraps file download links with customizable layout which allows you to show any kind of content. For example, while users are waiting for download, you can show them email subscription form, feedback form, related content or even ads.
Download links can be wrapped automatically based on conditions (file extension, element class) or manually using the shortcode
Features which you can easily customize:
* delay time in seconds before download happens,
* text fields and html content shown to user during countdown and when timer is finished,
* content when download is failed (e.g., when file is missing)
* layout appearance (shadow, curved edges, colors, etc.)
* auto-wrap options (custom list of file extensions or/and element’s class)
Suitable to wrap any type of content including documents (xlsx, docx, pdf,…), media (wav, mp3, mp4,…) or archives (zip, rar, tar.gz,…) – no limits here.
How to use:
- Install the plugin and go to the settings
- In the section Display settings replace built-in messages to any content you wish to show to your users
- Enable auto-wrap toggle in the corresponding section, or enable timer in the Gutenberg editor (see block’s settings for “File” block) or wrap a download link using this shortcode
- Open just edited article and click on the file download link
- At this point should be able to see a countdown timer under the download link you just clicked
Auto-wrap isn’t working
Please double-check that the toggle is ON in the plugin settings and you did add file extensions in the corresponding field.
If your download links don’t have file extensions (ex: domain.com/files/download?name=magicfile) make sure that
<a>element or its parents have some class like
<a class="magic-class">. Add this class to the corresponding field in auto-wrap settings.
བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན། & གསར་འབྱེད་པ།
“Files Download Delay” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན།
“Files Download Delay” has been translated into 5 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
ཁྱེད་ཀྱི་སྐད་ཡིག་ནང་ལ་ “Files Download Delay” ཡིག་སྒྱུར་བྱོས།
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed file existence check error (CORS)
- Added an option to enable/disable file existence check
- Added auto-download when link is opened in new tab and timer is ran out
- Fixed “unknown class” error on activation
- Fixed infinite loading on settings screen
- Minor security fixes
- Removed Freemius libs & premium version
- Vulnerability fixes
- Countdown timer will be paused if the tab is not active
- Security fixes
- Little Fixes
- Fixed Description
- Fixed “New Tab” template styles
- Added font-color contrast for light/dark timer background color
- WP Versions Support Extended to 5.5
- Public Release