Genesis Footer Builder helps you customize the site footer with ease. No more tinkering with functions.php; just configure the plugin options to update the site footer.
The plugin also allows you to add a footer menu to the site.
You can configure the options and go with the plugin default credits text or you can completely customize it using the Custom Footer Copyrights area in the plugin. The Custom Footer Copyrights area allows you to use valid HTML markup and supports the use of shortcodes. Along with Genesis shortcodes, you can use your custom defined shortcodes as well. In addition to this, Genesis Footer Builder also provides shortcodes for each of the options you set-up in the plugin.
Genesis Footer Builder allows you to:
- Specify custom brand name for use in the footer credits, which otherwise defaults to the site title.
- Specify the copyright year or duration to be included in the copyright notice. Defaults to current year.
- Set Genesis Affiliate link to be used in the footer credits text.
- Customize the footer credits text completely (in case the plugin’s default credits text doesn’t work for you).
- Set-up and display a footer menu on the site.
Shortcodes for extra customization
Genesis Footer Builder offers various shortcodes for using the options that you set-up on the settings page. Now, when you want to set-up your own custom credits text, you can use these shortcodes in the Custom Footer Copyrights area (to display the values of the available options) and customize the text to your liking.
Fully translation ready
Genesis Footer Builder is now all set to be translated into any language. To translate the plugin to your own language, you can use the genesis-footer-builder.pot found here:
genesis-footer-builder/languages/genesis-footer-builder.pot. You can use any translation editor like Poedit to edit the translations in your language. However, you need to take care of the file name conventions while saving the translation file. For example, when translating the plugin to German language(de_DE), you will need to save the translation file as genesis-footer-builder-de_DE.po. Once translated, move the genesis-footer-builder-de_DE.po and genesis-footer-builder-de_DE.mo to
You can also drop in the .po and .mo files in the WordPress languages directory under the parent folder genesis-footer-builder so that the plugin is translated to your language.
Log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New. In the search field type “Genesis Footer Builder” and click Search Plugins. Once you’ve found the plugin you can install it by simply clicking “Install Now”.
Or you can follow the steps given below:
- Upload the entire
genesis-footer-builderfolder to the
- DO NOT change the name of the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Once activated, visit the Genesis Footer Builder page in the Genesis Menu.
- Set up the options as required.
- Save the changes.
- How do I set-up my own Genesis affiliate link and use it in the footer?
Genesis Footer Builder now provides you an option to set-up affiliate link for Genesis that can be displayed in the footer credits text. Use the Genesis Affiliate Link option on the plugin’s page to set your own affiliate link and use the [gfb-affiliate-link] shortcode in the Custom Footer Copyrights field to output the link.
- All my pages are not listed in the dropdown. Where are the other pages that I’ve created?
- How do I set up the footer menu? I do not see any menu in the site footer!
Check if the Insert Footer Menu option is enabled in the plugin options. If yes, navigate to the WordPress Menus page, create a new menu or select an existing menu and assign Genesis Footer Builder Menu location to the menu.
- How does the Custom Footer Copyrights work?
The Custom Footer Copyrights textarea allows you to compose the footer credits text as you want it to appear in the site footer.
The textarea allows you to use plain text, HTML tags, entities and shortcodes (Genesis shortcodes, custom defined shortcodes and the shortcodes provided by the plugin).
- Can I use the options that I’ve set in the fields, to customize the text for the footer?
The plugin provides the shortcodes for each of the plugin options. Once, you’ve set up the options as required, you can use the shortcodes provided on the settings page in Custom Footer Copyrights area.
Example: Once, you’ve set the Brand Name option to John Doe, you can use [gfb-brand] shortcode as follows:
Add the following to Custom Footer Copyrights textarea:
Copyright © [gfb-brand] · All Rights Reserved
The copyright message in the site footer will change to:
Copyright © John Doe · All Rights Reserved
བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན། & གསར་འབྱེད་པ།
“Genesis Footer Builder” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན།
Fixed compatibility with Genesis 3.0
Updated donate links.
Fixed styling issues.
Updated deprecated functions to eliminate warnings.
- New: Added Genesis Footer Builder import / export settings to Genesis Import / Export screen to allow users to import and export the plugin settings.
- Fixed: Fixes the broken plugin admin page UI owing to Genesis update. Added compatibility with Genesis 2.2.6.
- Minor fixes to UI (not apparent) owing to changes in WordPress 4.4. Genesis Footer Builder is now fully compatible with WordPress 4.4.
- New: Genesis Footer Builder is now translation ready.
- Fixed: Fixed the plugin code to resolve Genesis toggles conflict.
- Fixed: Updated the nav menu filter to gfb_menu (previously set to genesis_do_nav) which can be used to filter the GFB footer menu arguments.
- Fixed: Fixed the bug related to updating the affiliate link setting.
- Fixed: Resolved filter output conflict (issue noticed in few Genesis child themes).
New: You can now use your own Genesis Affiliate Link in the footer credits for monetization.
Added the Genesis Affiliate Link field to enable user to set an affiliate link for Genesis.
- Added the shortcode [gfb-affiliate-link] to output Genesis Affiliate Link as set up in the plugin options.
- Minor fixes to the plugin core files.
- Added an upgrade routine to the plugin.