This plugin to insert “Estimated Reading Time” at the beginning of content.
- Can choose “Minutes” or “Minutes and seconds”.
- Can output in free format.
- Can switch show/hide in Home, Front page, Post, and Page.
- Support shortcode and tag.
- If you want to translate this plugin, you put ‘.po’ and ‘.mo’ in ‘languages’ directory. Japanese language file is included in this plugin.
- Upload this directory to the ‘wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Open ‘Options’ -> ‘Insert Estimated Reading Time’ menu, choose your options.
- Aren’t there any translation files other than Japanese?
It does not exist yet. My mother tongue is Japanese and I can’t speak any other languages.
བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན། & གསར་འབྱེད་པ།
“Insert Estimated Reading Time” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན།
“Insert Estimated Reading Time” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- Changed setting of “Hide in …” to setting of “Show in …”. (existing settings will be automatically inherited)
- Support custom post types. (available only when “content” exists)
- Fix deprecated error.
- Changed to snake case from camel case functions name. (ex. estimatedReadingTime -> estimated_reading_time)
- You can continue to use old name of function “”.
- Shortcode support. Add [estimated_reading_time] to your post content. Estimated reading time is displayed regardless of the state of checkbox.
- Tag support. Add to your theme/template. Estimated reading time is displayed regardless of the state of checkbox.
- Fixed round-up process when you choose “Minutes” in “Time output”.
- Added pot file in languages directory.
- First release.