According to Amazon’s Terms of Service, affiliates cannot use affiliate links in any emails. Unfortunately, many people use RSS feeds to populate their emails to users. One solution was to simply remove the affiliate links from feeds, which works just fine. But I came up with a solution (out of need) that changed the affiliate link in a feed into a link to the post itself.
Once on the live site, the affiliate link will work as normal, this plugin just facilitates an easier way for the end user to get the affiliate link.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- That’s it! The plugin will do the rest. It may need a little time for the feed to be recreated.
- I’m getting an error when I activate the plugin!
If you are a client of Klong Designs, you may already have this functionality added to your site already. Please post a support question on the support tab. Most likely you already have this code installed and since the function is the same it’s cause this duplicate function declaration error.
བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན། & གསར་འབྱེད་པ།
“Replace Amazon Links in Feed with post URL” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན།
Interested in development?
- Added amzn.com to Amazon links to change.
- Initial Release to WP.org publicly