Selection Sharer makes it super easy for your readers to share your content and drive new visitors to your site. With Selection Sharer, any visitor on your website/blog can easily
highlight any part of your content and share it immediately on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or via email. Ultimately, the more your readers share, the more new traffic your site will get.
When a visitor highlights some text on your WordPress website they will be presented by a Medium like popover menu to share their highlighted content. This plugin supports both desktop (with a pop-over) as well as mobile devices (with a pop-under). This plugin is made possible by the excellent work done by @xdamman and is based on his code.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- People can now easily share your content
- More sharing = more traffic = more readers/customers
- Why aren’t there no images included in this plugin?
Images are included inline in the CSS as SVG (perfect for Retina displays, loading time and to easily create new color schemes)
བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན། & གསར་འབྱེད་པ།
“Selection Sharer by Hans van Gent” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན།
Interested in development?
Finally got some time to look into the IE11 issue, made a small adaptation in the code. Thanks a lot, Alex for the helpful tips there!
While we’re smashing bugs, smashed another one as well. Hope you like it!
In the meantime, we’re working heavily on a different plugin, which features this as part of a more sophisticated suite to help you generate leads from your website called Inbound Rocket, be sure to check it out!
Been popping out updates like there is no tomorrow 🙂 This one features LinkedIn support, so you can easily have your visitors share your content towards LinkedIn!
Now That’s What I Call an Update!
Just when you thought you knew the Selection Sharer WordPress plugin, here comes a release that changes everything. Actually, the good stuff is the same now but there’s more of it. Here’s what’s new:
- Added Facebook support (This uses the Facebook share functionality. Facebook share functionality requires a Facebook App ID, be sure to include fb:app_id meta tag information otherwise the Facebook share button will not show)
- Better performance! Not that I’m saying that it wasn’t performing before. But it is definitely working faster now.
Thanks a lot for the support, I got some more amazing things coming in 2015.
- First release