This plugin can be used as a discrete but efficient tool for websites which have to make sure that copyright information for images is mandatory.
How it works: It simply blurs all uploaded images. The original only gets restored when the copyright info is set.
The text field for the copyright info is provided as a form field in the attachment details view.
A simple but elegant solution to enforce copyright discipline among authors and editors.
This plugin is compatible with the plugin “Enhanced Media Library” (tested with version 2.4.5).
We recommend your host supports:
- PHP version 5.6 or greater
- MySQL version 5.6 or greater
- WP Memory limit of 64 MB or greater (128 MB or higher is preferred)
- Installed gd library for image processing.
- Install using the WordPress built-in Plugin installer, or Extract the zip file and drop the contents in the
wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress installation.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- How can I get the copyright text of an image?
Copyright texts are saved as postmeta fields with meta key “copyright”.
Use the attachment_id, the meta key “copyright” and the core function “get_postmeta” to retrieve the copyright text of an image.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན། & གསར་འབྱེད་པ།
“WP Copyright” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན།
“WP Copyright” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
ཁྱེད་ཀྱི་སྐད་ཡིག་ནང་ལ་ “WP Copyright” ཡིག་སྒྱུར་བྱོས།
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
2.0.5 – 23.01.2019
- Fixed: Copyright check
2.0.4 – 10.09.2018
- Fixed: Unlimited loop in case of Exif copyright metadata removal
2.0.3 – 06.09.2018
- Fixed: Octal representation of file permissions
2.0.2 – 05.09.2018
- New: Default options
2.0.1 – 04.09.2018
- New: Settings for exif copyright key
2.0.0 – 03.09.2018
- New: Locked / Released permissions in settings
- New: Recognition of certain EXIF meta data for automatic copyright and tag settings
1.1.2 – 04.04.2018
- Fixed: Another illegal function override
1.1.1 – 03.04.2018
- Fixed: Illegal function override
1.1.0 – 29.03.2018
- New Feature: Wp Copyright Settings Page
- Bugfix: Template loads without destroying core features in media modal
- Enhancement: Loading indicator
1.0.0 – 28.08.2017
- Initial Public Release