This Plugin was strongly motivated by the needs for German law. It is demanded that you show a user that you use Piwik and Piwik by itself uses a tracking cookie to track you through the whole website.
Instead of modifing all the themes to show a small bar at the top of every page, i decided to write a small plugin to do the trick for me.
- Adds Bar with custom Text to Top of every Page
- Button with custom Text to confirm to tracking
- Add a new Page to your site to display the Piwik-Iframe to disable the Piwik-Tracking-Cookie
- Add a Shortcode for the Piwik-Iframe to disable the Tracking-Cookie [piwik-iframe]
- Custom CSS File for your own style to match your current theme
Development of the Plugin is managed through GitHub Please help me make it a better plugin and send me pull-requests
Have a cool custom style for the Notifier Bar? Send me a pull request via GitHub or post it here in the support section
- Upload the folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the Settings of the Piwik Notifier Plugin and add your custom messages and the URL to your piwik instance
- Write your own CSS File to match your theme and save it to the /wp-content/themes/YOUR-CURRENT-THEME/wp-piwik-notifier/main.css` You can select it in the Settings Menu
- Have fun
བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན། & གསར་འབྱེད་པ།
“Piwik Notifier Bar” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན།
Interested in development?
0.1 Init Commit
0.2 Bug Fixes
0.2.1 l18n-bug fixes
0.2.2 readme fixes
0.2.3 german translation added