This plugin allows you to add and image as background of posts, pages or custom post type in general (in the same way as a thumbnail).
- This is a rewrite of my old plugin Post Background which I do not have access anymore. *
- Download the plugin from here.
- Extract all the files.
- Upload everything (keeping the directory structure) to the
- There should be a
/wp-content/plugins/wp-post-brackgrounddirectory now with
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress. A box will be added to the page edition.
- How it works?
Exactly in the same way that thumbnails works. It includes the
get_the_post_background_srcfunction which return the url of the background and the
get_the_post_background_idfunction which return the id of the attachment.
- Do I have embed the same background if I a page inherits its parent background?
No. You can pass true as second parameter on
There are no reviews for this plugin.
བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན། & གསར་འབྱེད་པ།
“WP Post Background” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན།
Interested in development?
- 1.0.0 Initial release