WP SSL Redirect simply forces the SSL on your WordPress website by applying a 301 redirect from the HTTP path to HTTPS path. Please note that this plugin doesn’t install or configure any SSL certificate, instead it simply applies a 301 redirect to force the SSL on a WordPress website where a valid SSL is already properly installed.
- Added options to force www or non-www
- A minor bug fix regarding query vars
- Fixed a major bug related to sub-directory installations
- Rewrote the redirection code to make it even simpler
- Disabled the website URL update in the database
- Bug fixes
- Does this plugin install or configure SSL?
- Does this plugin make any changes to the file system or database?
No changes are made to file system or the database.
- How does WP SSL Redirect perform the redirect?
The plugin makes use of
$_SERVERarray to check either the URL is accessed over HTTPS or HTTP. If the request is made over HTTP, then the plugin sends a 301 redirect header and performs the redirect to the HTTPS version of the same URL.
- 301 Redirect is Not Working
WP_HOMEare hardcoded in your WordPress website’s
wp-config.phpfile, then uncomment or delete these two constants, otherwise WP SSL Redirect’s 301 redirect may not work properly.
བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན། & གསར་འབྱེད་པ།
“WP SSL Redirect” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན།