This plugin makes testing Yoast SEO, Yoast SEO add-ons and integrations and resetting the different features a lot easier. It also makes testing database migrations a lot easier as it allows you to set the database version and see if the upgrade process runs smoothly.
This test helper plugin has several features:
- Toggle between premium and free Yoast SEO versions easily.
- Easily enable Yoast SEO development mode.
- Saving and restoring Yoast SEO and Yoast SEO extension options, to test upgrade paths.
- Add options debug info to Yoast SEO admin pages.
- Reset the internal link counter, prominent words calculation and other features.
- Add two post types (Books and Movies) with two taxonomies (Category and Genre) each and optionally disable the block editor for them.
- Easily add an inline script after a selected script.
- Replace your
example.comin your Schema output, so you can easily copy paste to Google’s Structured Data Testing Tool.
- Change the number of URLs shown in an XML Sitemap.
- Easily change your MyYoast URL.
If you find bugs or would like to contribute, see our GitHub repo.
བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན། & གསར་འབྱེད་པ།
“Yoast Test Helper” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན།
Release date: May 17th, 2022
- Improves compatibility with the First-time configuration released with Yoast SEO 18.9.
- Removes the obsolete
Reset Configuration Wizardbutton.
Release date: April 19th, 2022
- Adds a new tool to safely downgrade Yoast SEO, including reverting all run migrations and resetting the version number. The tool currently works only for the free version of the plugin, without Premium enabled.
- Removes the Support Session feature.
- Introduces buttons to reset the options and the cornerstone flags.
- Introduces buttons to reset the first-time configuration and the premium workouts.
- Adds buttons to reset the Free and Premium installation success screens, such that on reactivating the plugins, the corresponding installation success screen is shown again.
- Set minimum WordPress version to 5.8 and tested up to version to 5.9.
- Widen PHP version constraints.
Release date: October 19th, 2021
- Add Indexable data to Query Monitor.
- Fixes a bug where not all the transients that hold unindexed counts were deleted when users hit the “Reset Indexables & Migrations” button.
Release Date: April 28th, 2021
- Adds the option to reset SEO roles & capabilities.
Release Date: March 18th, 2021
- Fixes a bug where all MyYoast requests would go to live my.yoast.com instead of the selected value of the domain dropdown.
Release Date: December 24th, 2020
- Adds an “enable support session” box to the top of the Yoast Test helper screen. Enabling the checkbox on that box will load a HelpScout beacon and a CoBrowse script on both front and backend of the site, for the current user only, for the duration of 4 hours. This allows the user to co-browse with a Yoast support agent. Please only enable this when instructed to do so by Yoast support.
Release Date: December 2nd, 2020
- Fixes a bug where a deprecated jQuery function was used.
Release Date: November 17th, 2020
- Fixes a bug where the
Start SEO Data optimizationbutton was not shown after resetting the indexables tables and migrations.
- Fixes a bug where no notification was shown to reindex your site when resetting the indexables tables and migrations, the prominent words table, and the internal link count.
- Fixes a bug where the
Reset indexables tables & migrationsfunctionality did not reset the internal link count transients.
- Makes the plugin translatable.
Release Date: October 6th, 2020
- Fixes a bug where the link columns could not be emptied due to an incorrect table name.
- Fixes a bug where links could be attached to the wrong indexables when resetting the indexable tables and migrations.
Release Date: July 8th, 2020
- Added resets for indexables related options when using the Yoast Test Helper to reset the indexables and migrations.
- Added resets for prominent word related functionality when using the Yoast Test Helper to reset the prominent words calculation.
- Fixes the database versions keys the plugin checks for Video SEO and WooCommerce SEO as they’ve been changed in these plugins.
Release Date: June 2nd, 2020
- Drops the table for prominent words (used by our internal linking functionality, among others) when you hit reset indexables.
- Some minor code style fixes.
Release Date: April 9th, 2020
- Removed the feature toggle for internal linking as it’s no longer in use.
- Changed the order of admin boxes to be more logical.
- Fix fatal error with debug panel.
Under the hood:
- If an integration returns an empty string for its form controls, don’t output the admin block.
- Several QA fixes and CS fixes.
- Travis now builds for PRs.
- Added a
.gitattributesfor more easy exporting.
Release Date: April 3rd, 2020
- Added a button to reset your database to pre-Indexables state. When running an indexables branch this causes all migrations to re-run and thus all tables to be created cleanly.
- Added a button to reset the configuration wizard state.
- Permalinks now reset after enabling custom post types.
- Fixes a bug where saving the Influence schema setting wouldn’t work.
- Switched to YoastCS 2.0 and changed the auto-loading process.
Release Date: February 5th, 2020
- Added the option to set Yoast SEO Premium version number.
Release Date: February 4th, 2020
- Added the option to add an inline script after a selected script.
- Added the option to enable and disable Yoast SEO development mode.
- Adds a button to reset the tracking option, thus triggering another tracking request.
- Slight styling improvements.
- Fixed the fact that disabling Gutenberg / the block editor on Books and Movies post type didn’t actually work.
- Made the plugin option autoload, removing the need for an extra query to get the option.
- Increase the allowed number of characters for the Yoast SEO version number.
Release Date: July 12th, 2019
- Configures composer to always use php 5.6 as a platform. This will prevent possible conflicts with symphony dependencies of wordpress-seo.
- Updates fstream to 1.0.12 and tar to 2.2.2.
- From now on,
grunt deploy:mastercan be used to deploy.