Hotjar is the fast & visual way to understand your users, providing everything your team needs to uncover insights and make the right changes to your site. Connect all the dots with one powerful solution providing:
- Heatmaps – Understand what users want, care about and do on your site by visually representing their clicks, taps and scrolling behavior – which are the strongest indicators of visitor motivation and desire.
- Visitor Recordings – Eliminate guesswork with Recordings of real visitor behavior on your site. By seeing your visitor’s clicks, taps and mouse movements you can identify usability issues on the fly and issues they encounter.
- Conversion Funnels – Find the biggest opportunities for improvement and testing by identifying on which page and at which step most visitors are leaving your site.
- Form Analysis – Improve online form completion rates by discovering which fields take too long to ﬁll, which are left blank, and why your visitors abandon your form and page.
- Feedback Polls – Improving the performance and experience of your website starts with understanding what your visitors want and what’s preventing them from achieving it. Target questions to specific visitors anywhere on your web and mobile site.
- Incoming Feedback – Give your visitors an easy way to leave instant visual feedback on your website or app. See what people love and hate, identify issues, and find opportunities for growth.
- Surveys – Build your own responsive surveys using an easy editor. Collect responses in real-time from any device. Distribute your surveys using web links, emails or invite your visitors just before they abandon your site to uncover their objections or concerns.
- Recruit Test Users – Recruit the best possible participants for user research and testing directly from your site. Collect profiling information, contact details and offer a gift in exchange for their help.
This plugin provides a simple installation of Hotjar on your WordPress site, giving you immediate access to all Hotjar features.
The Hotjar plugin is available to install via the WordPress plugin library and you can install it directly from within your WordPress dashboard. For a step-by-step installation guide, check out our handy help doc.
Alternatively, you can install manually:
- Download the Hotjar plugin as a zip file.
- Upload the folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Do I need a Hotjar account to use this plugin?
Yes. You can sign up for a free Hotjar account which provides access to all our features including heatmaps, recordings and feedback tools.
I’ve set up Hotjar, what now?
You can enable, disable and enable all the Hotjar features from within the Insights app. Any changes will be reflected immediately on the site(s) where you have the Hotjar script installed.
For more information on getting started with Hotjar visit our help center.
Where can I find out more about Hotjar?
Visit our website to learn more about Hotjar and how you can use it to start gaining insights into how users use your site.
What are the Hotjar Terms of Service?
The full terms of service are available here together with other legal and privacy documentation. If you have further questions do not hesitate to reach out to our support.
Is Hotjar GDPR compliant?
Can my users opt-out?
Yes. Hotjar respects the Do Not Track header and users can also opt-out on a per-browser basis by visiting Hotjar opt out.
How do I remove Hotjar from my site?
You can uninstall this plugin at any time to remove Hotjar from your site. Data which has been collected can be removed through the Insights interface, or by deleting your site or account. For more information see our data retention documentation..
བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན། & གསར་འབྱེད་པ།
“Hotjar” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན།
- Fixed a warning (PHP 8 compatibility).
- Tested on WP 6.0.
- Updated assets and tested on WP 5.8.1
- Tested on WP 5.8.
- Tested on WP 5.7.2.
- Tested on WP 5.6.
- Tested on WP 5.5.
- Update description.
- Update changelog as well.
- Fix borked readme in the 1.0.4 tag.
- Tested up to bumped to 5.3.2
- Initial release.