Use the power of Visual Studio Code in WordPress to write your CSS or SCSS
The plugin uses autoprefixer to parse your CSS/SCSS into CSS that will work on older browsers, no need to write -webkit, -moz or -o.
You can also choose to use SCSS, more info about SCSS here: https://sass-lang.com/guide
- Use all the powerful features from Visual Studio Code
- Your CSS gets compiled with autoprefixer to work on older browsers
- Use SCSS to create efficient stylesheets with variables, mixins, etc.
- Option to minify your CSS to reduce loading times
- No refreshing on saving
- Live editor updating styles on save and have the browser update simultaneously
གདེང་འཇོག 13 ཡོངས་སུ་ཀློག
For me the best css editor plugin, like visual code but need an upgrade to be up to date 😉
I do not often write reviews but I had to !
Your plugin is just awesome ! I can write SCSS directly, there's a live editor... What else ?
Amazing job ! I can not recommend more a plugin then this one.
I don't use the Custom CSS tool, I do all my edits in the Theme Editor (I create custom themes, so I'm working in my own code, not something that will be overwritten by a theme update.)
If this worked in the Theme Editor, it would indeed be the best plugin ever.
Was looking for this easy possibility to make structured css! Thanks
Only one little question the icons from the font "codicon" are not working. Anything I can do to get that working?
Really useful plugin, the only thing whats missing is to resize the coding area, so annoying to type in a such cramped space or at least integration of word wrap would be great, thanks!
Honestly, this is the only sane way of writing CSS inside WordPress, making the experience as good as coding on your computer in a proper editor. I don't understand why this doesn't have thousands of downloads. It's been a massive game-changer at our agency, allowing people at all levels to start learning and using SASS.
A couple of things that could improve on this:
Support for multiple files, so we could use SASS partials.
An improved live editor, which feels a little rudimentary. For example, offer an option to align the editor underneath the preview pane, and add buttons to resize the preview pane (similar to customizer) for testing responsive design.
But anyway, soooo much gratitude. If you need more support to keep developing this, we'd be completely behind paying for a pro version, as long as there's developer option for unlimited sites, because Instant CSS is basically part of our WordPress Core here now 😊
“Instant CSS” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན།
- Upgraded monaco editor to the latest version, fixes scrolling in some browsers.
- Updated monaco editor to the latest version
- Fixed iframe reload issue
- New feature: Live editor. You can now write your css and watch the browser update whenever you save.
- You can now save using CTRL + S
- CSS is now written and loaded from a file
- Fixed bug with quotes
- Added minifying