This plugin handles a number of things:
- An extra “create post” option in the row menu for mediaitems in the listview
- An new “create post featured image” bulk option
- add some code to make sure that when you delete a post, the image is cleared properly (post_parent = 0) so it shows up in the “unattached” filter
- add MediaRSS to your feed.
By default it create “private” posts as I needed this plugin to deal with older photos. As I use the image postdate as
default for the postdate, private leaves this date alone which publish and draft->publish by default moves the postdate
the date of publishing. Private is also easy to find in the “posts” window.
They also get an “media2post” tag so they are easy to find.
De owner of the post equals the owner of the image.
Special thanks go to mr. Jeremy Felt who wrote “Automatic Featured Image Posts” and who’s code heavily
“influenced” this plugin. I learned a lot from his code!
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- go to the media list, filter on “unattached” and check out the menu and the bulk pulldown.
Why did you write this widget?
I run a photo site and after a number of merges and changes to the site I got stuck with a few hundered unattached
images. As I didn’t feel like dealing with this by hand I wrote this image.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན། & གསར་འབྱེད་པ།
“Phototools: media2post” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན།
Interested in development?