Tell your stories with Microsoft Start
Invite Code: Participation is limited right now while this program is in beta. If you need an invite code, please provide a little information and we’ll send you an update when we’re ready for you. Apply invite code
You have something important to say and Microsoft has an audience of engaged readers looking for unique and interesting content just like yours.
We already operate the world’s largest cross-platform service covering news, entertainment and lifestyle. Our audience is growing, and we want to help you share your stories. Our personalized content feed is used by millions of active users each day through Windows, Bing, Edge, and Microsoft Start.
How it works
Let us do the hard work. Simply connect your content to our feed so you benefit from our reach to attract new fans, expand your business, and get paid.
Expand the reach of your content with the existing tools you use today.
Engage new audiences with Microsoft Start matching your content with interested readers.
Earn ad revenue and benefit from direct support from your readers as you build your following.
What’s in it for you?
Get access to a massive audience of highly-engaged readers—whether you’re looking to connect with people who share your interests, working to cover costs, or wanting to turn a side hustle into a day job.
You’ll have the opportunity to reach readers through Microsoft Start, which has millions of daily users across experiences on Windows, in Microsoft Edge, and a lot more. We aim to help people understand their world better by offering high-quality content—from creators like you.
Build your brand
Own your content, and control what you share by partnering with one of the biggest brands in technology. Your content will be featured alongside some of the most important brands in news, entertainment & lifestyle.
Microsoft Start licenses content from creators and publishers for our feed, maintaining high editorial standards, but still ensuring that creators and publishers can retain ownership of their work.
It’s your work—you deserve all the credit and the rewards without unfair fees.
A global network of advertising partners, payment systems already built-in, and cash payments based on rewards point recognition – all means Microsoft offers readers more ways to support creators like you
Earn from high-quality ad placements with your content
Receive reader gratuities in currency submitted via either Microsoft Rewards points or cash
You’re in good company
For 25 years, Microsoft has been finding new ways to connect people with the information that matters to them. Today, over 4500 news and entertainment brands around the world trust us to help them reach a bigger audience & tell their stories.
- Microsoft Open Source Code of Conduct: https://opensource.microsoft.com/codeofconduct
Data Collection. The software may collect information about you and your use of the software and send it to Microsoft. Microsoft may use this information to provide services and improve our products and services. You may turn off the telemetry as described in the repository. There are also some features in the software that may enable you and Microsoft to collect data from users of your applications. If you use these features, you must comply with applicable law, including providing appropriate notices to users of your applications together with a copy of Microsoft’s privacy statement. Our privacy statement is located at https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=824704. You can learn more about data collection and use in the help documentation and our privacy statement. Your use of the software operates as your consent to these practices.
Microsoft Start WordPress plugin is developed by Microsoft. It helps WordPress content creators to share content to Microsoft Start directly from their sites.
བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན། & གསར་འབྱེད་པ།
“Microsoft Start” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན།
- Enable batch submission function for partners to submit all or selected posts that are yet published to Microsoft Start in one click.
- Support proactive notification system to improve users’ information observation efficiency
- Support custom canonical url and fix known issues
- Support publish historical articles to Microsoft in All posts page
- Support default configuration of local news in editor mode and fix known issues
- Fix compatibility issues with PHP 8.0
Microsoft Start V2.0: a grand version update. V2.0 brings some amazing functions, and also a number of performance optimization and bug fixing. Now, you can get direct guidance for troubleshooting in the Help center, diagnose plugin compatibility in the Health Check, publish the content to Microsoft by feed, support more languages, …
Hesitate? Download and upgrade now!
- We support Help center and Health check report to help you diagnose issues.
- We will support more languages as German and so on.
- More proactive notifications to prevent missing important information.
- You can publish the content to Microsoft by feed.
- Optimize performance to shorten your operation time.
- Optimize compatibility with more plugins and editors.
- Update some fundamental enhancements
- Support custom author name in each post and fix known issues
- Support MSPH vetting feature and fix known issues
- Support MSPH multi-brand feature and fix known issues
- Support publishing posts to Microsoft Start Partner Hub from more customized editors