Finds all possible .js and .css files from a WP install available and allows you to combine and/or compress the files to reduce
load time. The plugin can monitor file changes in “development” mode (by hashing file mtime) which allows the plugin to
recompile the files when a file changes. Or, it can cache the files in “production” mode so that files are only recompiled
if they are not found or are deleted manually from the cache folder. Additionally, this plugin will allow you to force the
There are two modes, development and production, the ability to force the files to print in the header or footer*, the use of
Google Closure as a JS compiler, and finally the ability to pick and choose which files, including dependencies, should be combined.
*forcing head compiles can fail on JS files queued after the call to wp_head(). The plugin will, in this case, render the late
queued files in the footer as originally intended.
mncombinefolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Visit the admin panel and choose your options
- Why does the first compile take so long with Google Closure OR why is development mode so slow to recache with Google Closure?
Google Closure is a 3rd party JS compiler that the plugin must make requests to in order to receive compressed markup. And, because
we allow you to choose whether or not to combine some files we have to make multiple requests to the service to maintain dependency
inclusion. This results in a bit of latency when caching your files. However, in production mode, once the files are generated they
do not have to be regenerated again and load times are improved significantly. Using JSMin is much faster and recommended for use in
conjunction with development mode.
- Can I exclude certain pages from using the plugin
As of version 1.1.0 you can exclude pages from compiling/compressing css or js files using a regular expression in the general
བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན། & གསར་འབྱེད་པ།
“MnCombine” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན།
Interested in development?
- Admin page requires edit_posts capability
- Skip checking when script handle is empty
- Suppress errors on strstr($js, $use) when use is empty
- Verified working on WP version 3.8.1
- Verified against WP version 3.6.1
- Removed warning on login page where wp_scripts is not set
- Fixed Fatal Error on “Cache” admin page before cache folder had been generated
- Added ability to not combine css files based on REQUEST_URI
- Added ability to not combine js files based on REQUEST_URI
- Fixed bug where plugin combined all css if no css files were selected
- Option to compress css or not
- Dependency bug fixed when opting not to combine js files that share dependencies with compressed files
- The very first version in all it’s glory