A lightweight (8Kb minified, 2.9Kb gzipped) script to let users share their text selections to social networks, in desktop browsers. (Yes, like Medium).
Based on Sharect.js
- Supports adding custom icons (for now using php snippet)
- You can also control the color of the tooltip widget (also using php code)
The plugin is under active development, I welcome any feedback.
- Add widget color picker
- Adding social media icons from the admin interface
- Optional meta tags
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/sharect-wpdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Go to your site, select any piece of text and make sure the plugin works.
This plugin contains the Facebook and Twitter logos. Do I need special permission to use them on my site?
You don’t need any special permissions. The logos used in this plugin are obtained from official sources that authorize their use and comply with all the style guides of these companies.
I lack features, can I ask you to add what I need?
Of course! I am following my development plan, but if your suggestion is useful to all users, I will try to take the time to add it.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན། & གསར་འབྱེད་པ།
“Sharect WP” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.བྱས་རྗེས་འཇོག་མཁན།
Interested in development?
- First stable release